- How to Add Methods
- Custom Shipping Rates
- Default Packaging
- Verifying Setup
- Submitting Manual Orders in Shopify (Draft Orders)
- Reasons Why Shipping Methods Are Not Appearing During Checkout
Shipping methods are set up in the "Shipping and delivery" settings in Shopify. Shopify allows you to control which methods are shown to customers by location, shipping zone destination, and by cart conditions.
How to Add Methods
Starting with your shipping methods:
- Check that all rate names match the table here.
- Airhouse is a location listed in the "Shipping from."
- In "Shipping to," check that you have all destinations included in your shipping zones.
Custom Shipping Rates
Verify that any custom rate profiles setup comply with Airhouse shipping methods.
When Shopify is determining which shipping method conditions apply to an order, the total weight of all of the products in the order and the default packaging weights will be used. Note that this can cause unexpected behavior if package weights are being added to an order on top of product weights regardless of packaging being used.
In most cases, package weight in Shopify should be set to zero or as light as possible if dealing with products that qualify for First Class Mail.
Once the methods are configured, we recommend placing a test order (keeping in mind price, or destination and weight depending on your conditions) to see which shipping method your customers are offered in the cart.
You can see which shipping method was selected on orders that have already been placed along with the Shopify calculated order weight (weight of items + packaging).
Submitting Manual Orders in Shopify (Draft Orders)
In order to select the same options already set up in your Shopify shipping settings, make sure you have a valid customer address entered before selecting the "Add shipping" option.
Reasons Why Shipping Methods Are Not Appearing During Checkout
There are multiple things that can affect what options appear during checkout.
The most common causes are:
- Missing valid customer address.
- The order destination is not set in a shipping zone.
- The order weight or cost does not meet the conditions set on a shipping method.
- The location Shopify is selecting at checkout does not include Airhouse.