- What to Know Before Editing Orders
- How Editing Orders Affects Notifications and Payments
- Edit an Order
- Duplicate an Order
- Cancel an Order
- Hold an Order
- Finding an Edited Order
- Create a Manual Order
- Additional Questions?
What to Know Before Editing Orders
When possible, edits should be made before an order is sent to the warehouse for fulfillment.
There is a default 5 minute delay between when an order is placed, and when it is sent to the warehouse for fulfillment. Your store's Order Delay may be increased or decreased depending on your preferences. Reach out to your Account Manager to make changes.
Once the warehouse begins the process of fulfilling an order, the ability to make edits or cancel an order depends on the state of the order within the warehouse. Edits and cancellations are not guaranteed once the warehouse has begun processing the order. After an order is edited in Airhouse, updates from your ecommerce store will no longer be automatic, such as address changes or tracking number updates.
How Editing Orders Affects Notifications and Payments
Editing an order in Airhouse will break shipment notifications for your customers. After editing an order you may need to manually update tracking information within your ecommerce store.
When you make edits within Airhouse, any charges or refunds that are associated with the edit will have to be done manually through your store. After editing an order you will need to manually process updated charges within your store.
Edit an Order
When editing an order, you have the option to add or remove SKUs and update quantities ordered.
Navigate to the order you want to manage and from the order action dropdown select "Edit" to make necessary changes.
Duplicate an Order
Whenever you may want to reship an order, you can select the "Duplicate" action from the Order dropdown. This will copy over the original order's packing list, shipping address, and shipping method. After selecting "Duplicate" you can edit the quantities, SKUs, or shipping address before submitting the order.
If you want to reference the original order, you can simply click the "Duplicated Order" link in the header of any duplicate order.
-1added to the end of the order number when duplicating. This is editable if you'd like to change the order number, but it must be unique. e.g. If you see order
AH#8AA09C8E-1, it is likely a duplicate of order
Cancel an Order
When cancelling an order that is in progress, but has unshipped fulfillments, you have two options available. A "fulfillment" is the process of shipping an order in the warehouse: picking, packing and shipping. One order can have multiple fulfillments.
- Cancel Open Fulfillments - Cancelling open fulfillments will cancel those in progress, but allows you to resubmit this order at a later time. This is option is best for when you intend on resubmitting at least part of an order, but don't want for it to be shipped out right now.
- Cancel Entire Order - Cancelling an entire order will delete the order's information in Airhouse. This option is best for when if you don't intend on ever completing that order, as in the case of refunding a customer.
Hold an Order
Any unfulfilled order can be held before it is sent to the warehouse. The order will be held and will not process until you release the hold.
Finding an Edited Order
You can find modified orders a few ways on the Order list:
- Edited orders can be found by filtering the Order Status for
Edited (Not Synced)
- Held orders can be found by filtering by Customer Hold
- Cancelled orders can be found by filtering the Order Status for
Create a Manual Order
If you create an order directly in Airhouse, you can bypass the payment portal in Shopify completely. This can be used to send orders for wholesale, PR gifting, etc.
Please note that when creating manual orders, the shipping method will be the default method you set up during onboarding. If you want to ship an order using another specific shipping method, you will have to explicitly select it.
To create a single order in Airhouse:
- Click on Create Order
- Add the products that you would like to send
- Update the quantity of units
- Add the recipient contact information and address
- Add notes or instructions for the order (optional)
- If applicable, ensure that holds are released by communicating with your Account Manager
- Submit the order
To create a bulk order in Airhouse:
- Click on Upload Bulk Order
- Download the sample CSV
- Create unique Order ID numbers for each order
- If you are sending more than one SKU in an order, create multiple rows with the same Order ID number for each SKU
- Add a Province Code, the two letter state or province code
- Add a Country Code, the two letter country code you are shipping to - for example US, not USA
- Make sure the zip code is 5 digits for US addresses
- Insert information to columns O-T as needed. You can use these fields to include additional information for wholesale orders and put the order on hold.
- If applicable, ensure that instructions are sent and holds are released by communicating with your Account Manager
- Save the CSV file
- Upload to Airhouse and submit
For any questions on managing your orders, please reach out to your Account Manager.