How to Schedule Freight Delivery
When you send freight to Airhouse, all inbound freight shipments require an appointment in order to receive at a warehouse dock. Unscheduled freight may be turned away. We will need information to prepare accordingly and ensure team members and docks are available to unload. Please follow the below steps:
All freight deliveries must be scheduled 48 hours in advance.
- Create an inventory shipment in Restock
- Book freight shipping with your preferred carrier
- After booking freight, email email@example.com with the following information, 48 hours in advance of delivery:
- Inventory Shipment ID from Restock
- Requested Delivery Date
- Bill of lading or equivalent documentation with shipment information (can be exported from Restock)
- Is the shipment palletized or floor-loaded?
- Palletized - The shipment is secured on pallets in the container and can be removed with a forklift
- Floor-loaded - The shipment is is loaded loosely, i.e. on cartons, and requires more labor and time to unload
- Will this be a live unload or a drop?
- Live Unload - The driver will wait at the warehouse while they unload the container
- Drop - The driver will drop off the container at the warehouse and then return later when unloading is complete
- Await confirmation from Airhouse
You can copy and paste the below template:
Request to Schedule Freight Delivery (Self-Scheduled) I am scheduling an inbound freight shipment to Airhouse. 1. Restock Inventory Shipment: #0000-0000 2. Requested Delivery Date: 3. Requested Delivery Time: 4. Shipment Info (Carton/Pallet/Container and Quantity): 5. Palletized or Floor Loaded: 6. Live Unload or Drop: 7. Name of Freight Carrier: 8. Freight Carrier Contact Email and Phone: 9. Bill of Lading: (Attach) 10. Container Number (if applicable):
Airhouse is not responsible if a freight driver misses a drop-off appointment. The freight delivery will need to be rescheduled. If this occurs, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.