How to Schedule Freight Delivery
When you send freight to Airhouse, all inbound freight shipments require an appointment in order to receive at a warehouse dock. Unscheduled freight may be turned away. We will need information to prepare accordingly and ensure team members and docks are available to unload. Please follow the below steps:
All freight deliveries must be scheduled 48 hours in advance.
- Create an inventory shipment in Restock
- Book freight shipping with your preferred carrier
- After booking freight, email email@example.com with the following information, 48 hours in advance of delivery:
- Company name
- Inventory shipment ID from Restock
- Requested delivery date and Time
- How the shipment is packed (carton, pallet, container) and how much of Eech
- Is the shipment palletized or floor-loaded?
- Palletized - The shipment is secured on pallets in the container and can be removed with a forklift
- Floor-loaded - The shipment is is loaded loosely, i.e. on cartons, and requires more labor and time to unload
- Live Unload - The driver will wait at the warehouse while they unload the container
- Drop - The driver will drop off the container at the warehouse and then return later when unloading is complete
You can copy and paste the below template:
Request to Schedule Freight Delivery (Self-Scheduled) I am scheduling an inbound freight shipment to Airhouse. 1. Company Name 2. Restock Inventory Shipment: #0000-0000 3. Requested Delivery Date: 4. Requested Delivery Time: 5. Shipment Info (Carton/Pallet/Container and Quantity): 6. Palletized or Floor Loaded: 7. Pallet swap required (if applicable): 8. Live Unload or Drop: 9. Vehicle size/type 10. Name of Freight Carrier: 11. Freight Carrier Contact Email and Phone: 12. Bill of Lading: (Attach) 13. Container Number (if applicable): 14. Packing List: (Attach)
Airhouse is not responsible if a freight driver misses a drop-off appointment. The freight delivery will need to be rescheduled. If this occurs, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Prep Inventory for Receiving