Taxes / Customs / Duties Setup
In order to ship from the UK, some setup is required for proper tax, customs, and duties processing.
- VAT Number is required if you are importing into the UK and selling in the UK. A VAT number (Value-Added Tax Identification number) is the unique number that identifies a taxable person (business) or non-taxable legal entity that is registered for VAT.
- EORI Number is required to ship internationally from the UK. If you don’t have an EORI number, apply here. An EORI number is an Economic Operators Registration and Identification number. Businesses who trade must use the EORI number as an identification number in all customs procedures when exchanging information with customs administrations.
- Be sure to register as Non-Resident Importer if applicable prior to importing into the UK.
Airhouse does not provide formal tax advice. If you have an additional questions regarding the above requirements, please consult a tax advisor to ensure you are compliant with all tax, duties, and customs requirements.
Domestic Shipping (UK to UK)
Airhouse currently offers two shipping options within the UK.
Shipping Methods: (10pm cutoff local UK time)
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 - Next day delivery
- Royal Mail Tracked 48 - 2 day delivery
- Max Weight: 2 kg (4.4 lb)
- Max Length/Width/Height: 45 x 35 x 15 cm (17.7 x 13.8 x 5.9 in)
- Max Weight: 20 kg (44.1 lb)
- Max Length/Width/Height: 61 x 46 x 46 cm (24.0 x 18.1 x 18.1 in)
- Surcharge of £7.50 for shipments that exceed 129 liters (4.556 cubic ft) or 61x46x46cm
Returns are a mandatory option for your end customer when shipping orders from the UK. Please be sure to add all return orders to the Return dashboard in Airhouse with tracking information.
International Shipping (UK to ROW)
Airhouse offers several international shipping options from the UK.
- Omni Parcel DDU - Your end customer pays customs/duties/taxes to receive their shipment
- Omni Parcel DDP - Airhouse pays all customs/duties/taxes and charges those fees on your Airhouse invoice. You can charge your customer for these upfront in your checkout flow. Please use Zonos or Hurricane as resources to calculate these charges to pass along to your end customer.
Returns are a mandatory option for your end customer when shipping orders from the UK. Please be sure to add all return orders to the Returns dashboard in Airhouse with tracking information.